When you’re scaling up, you need easy social media marketing strategies. Budgets are tight. There’s not enough cash flow to invest in a full-scale marketing effort. There’s no budget for big media buys and promos with limited resources.
Many of our clients are startups and solo entrepreneurs. So one of the questions that always comes up is, “what can I do on my own, with no money?”
So here are our top seven secrets to easily promote your business on social media with little to no money.
If you’re short on time, check out the video below.
Less is More
You’ve probably heard it, “marketing on social media takes hours.” And that’s why many small businesses hire social media marketers. But for now, you need to do it solo. No problem because one of the top predictions for digital marketing in 2022 is “less is more.” Why?
- The digital audience is overwhelmed with the amount of content on the internet today.
- Consumer trust in brand messaging is at an all-time low. The more they see from you, the more they will start to feel spammed.
Posting lots of content is not the way to reach your target audience. Instead, post less frequent, more meaningful, and valuable updates. Invest your time thinking about what your audience wants to hear from you.
Curated Content Makes for Easy Social Media Marketing
You’ve invested time in creating content, so lengthen its shelf life.
If you have a blog, take your blog article, create snippets, find inspiring graphics, and turn it into a week’s worth of posts on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or LinkedIn.
Make infographics, YouTube Shorts, and Reels.
You can get a lot of mileage out of a weekly blog post.
Invest in the Basics
The pandemic proved that you don’t have to put out Hollywood-style videos to engage viewers. The shift to remote work forced brands to create videos without their usual sophisticated equipment. As a result, video content became more lo-fi but more human. And audiences didn’t turn away.
“Imperfect” videos feel more authentic, creating a level of connectedness that everyone is craving.
What are the basics?
- Microphone (purchase the best microphone you can afford because if viewers have trouble hearing you, they’ll skip to the next channel)
- Full 3-point lighting kit
- Windsock for your microphone (if you’re going to video outside)
- If you don’t have the budget to purchase a video camera, use your smartphone. The video-making technology in most smartphones today is sophisticated enough to produce high-quality content to promote your business on social media. Use a tripod to stabilize your video and keep the camera close enough, so you don’t need the zoom.
Pay attention to the video production guidelines provided by the social media channels you intend to use.
According to Statista, more than 3.6 billion people used social media worldwide in 2020. They projected the number to increase to nearly 4.41 billion in 2025.
Hootsuite’s 2020 Social Media report cites a more than 4.62 billion global user base. According to their research, more than 93% of regular internet users log into social media and spend an average of 2 hours and 27 minutes per day on social media channels.
Now you have more opportunities to do easy social media marketing. However, you’re not the only one. To reach your engagement goals, you need to get your message out in easily digestible ways, such as
- quote graphics
Cross-Promote Your Profiles for Easy Social Media Marketing
Be sure you have your social media buttons on your website home page and at the bottom of every blog article. Allow readers to like and share.
Publicize your social media profile on all your channels. For instance, on your Facebook profile, include a link to your Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube profiles.
Include links to your website and social media channels in all written communication, such as emails and messaging apps.
The secret to efficiently promoting your business on social media with no money is to get organized. If you’re using multiple channels plus maintaining a blog, you won’t have the time to consistently post everywhere, plus manage and build up your business.
- Use a content calendar such as Later, Buffer or create one using Excel or Google Sheets.
- Plan out your marketing theme at least every two weeks in advance.
- Pay attention to social media hashtag holidays.
- Publish less frequent, more meaningful content
- Maximize your output
- Cross-promote your brand
Note: This article was updated on April 12, 2022
Please let us know what you think in the comment box below, and don’t forget to subscribe to the blog for the latest articles; hot off the press!